Wednesday 26 June 2013

Down the rabbit hole

Wow, 9 months since my last post. You could knit a baby at the cellular level in that time!

I haven't died or given up. WoW didn't hold onto me for all that time either.

Come on guys, lets go fight the cover of every heavy metal album ever!

After making my original 'Scarlet Set' (which I still love) I got the opportunity to run her through the Icecrown Citadel raid instance. Well, actualy I got quite a few opportunities, enough that I was able to collect several pieces of the Tier 10 'Lightsworn' paladin set and upgrade them to the red/brown 25 man 'Sanctified' version which fit the theme perfectly. After a few more tweaks I re-christened the original set as the Retribution set and this new outfit for Tanking.


At the Lorderon Memorial
*** Edit ***
Apparently I'm getting a lot of traffic from people searching for Scarlet Crusade Transmogs (In fact the header from the earlier post is the top hit on the UK Google image search!) so I'll give a bit more info on those 'tweaks'
As mentioned, the Helmet, Shoulders and Chest are all part of the Sanctified Lightsworn set from ICC 25/10HC. The chest has an annoyingly low neck line for a piece of protective clothing so I added a red workman's shirt to extend it a bit.

The legs are Dawnbringer legguards which are (appropriately) a reward for clearing out the now undead Scarlet's in Tyr's Hand. Boots are Stonestep boots, which can be found in the Stormsnout brewery, I love that model and I'm glad I was able to find some with a red/black theme that were so easy to acquire (If only T10 hadn't given us goddamn slippers!).

For the gloves I originally went for the T10, but they had a bit too much brown and not enough red, then I remembered the Rare quality starter PVP set available from rep vendors back in the days of the Burning Crusade. Sure enough Crusaders Battlegear fitted well with the theme and is easy to get. Speaking of vendors, the belt is another helping hand from blizzard, taken from the wasteland set of greens sold by a vendor in Towlong.

For the shield I wanted something that memorialised Lorderon as a whole, and not just the Scarlets (even if they were the true 'living' heirs to the kingdom, rather than those filthy Forsaken!). The Royal Crest was an option, but it looked more like a piece of furniture, Shield of the Wayward Footman however simple, looks like a shield, bears the Crest of Lorderon and is Red! It's a world drop, but TBH your best bet to find it is the AH.

Finally the Tabard. It's down to personal preference and what you can get. I dropped the SC one because, while she wanted to honour those crazy bastards, she wasn't actually one of them. Argent Crusade might have fit better thematically, but it didn't look great. So It was the Argent Dawn tabard... Keep it old school!
Armory Link
***End Edit ***

As my sub wound down I managed to level both Raxiel and Truesilver to level 90 and my level 80 Deathknight to 85 but I was starting to get bored so I let my sub expire and have been working through all the other games I wanted to play.
At first I played (and beat) XCom. I was a big fan of the original back in the Amiga days, and I enjoyed the remake, although the ending was a bit disappointing and I've no desire to re-play it.
No screenshots since you can't really customise the base game so mine would look like any other.

Then, Febuary came and it was time for SKYRIM! A game I've been playing on and off for well over a year and I've still not finished it. I recreated my female Nord warrior from the previous games Morrowind and Oblivion and set about exploring with the ever faithful Lydiot, who like so many things in my game was tweaked with mods so she doesn't feel quite so burdened.

Can you guess which one is which?


I might have finished Skyrim this time, but as so often happened, my attention waned and I finally gave in to EA's Origin service and bought the third Mass Effect Game.

My once dead and resurrected Stacy Shepard finally got to battle the reapers. I won't go on about the ending, its been covered elsewhere, but it wasn't just whining the original ending really did suck.
The 'fixed' ending was a big improvement even if it was still just 'disappointing'. I loved the games though, so I still made the time to replay the entire trilogy as a renegade.



Some of April was spent back in SL (Need a new Stacy post for that), and trying out the new Revolutionary America based Assassins Creed game. To be honest, I found it boring, and rather than finish it I actually went back and replayed the whole of AC2 instead.
May was spent Replaying GTA IV or watching my other half playing The Sims 3.

Which inspired me to make a family of my own
But not just any family, a dysfunctional family.
Meet Dan Cook, a fat lazy loser with Karren his fat chavvy slag of a wife, Lee their bright but shy son and Jake, the handsome and athletic lodger they had to take in to pay the bills.

Domestic Bliss?
In The Sims you can choose a lifetime goal of a sim, and Karren's was to have 5 kids. I added my own personal goal to that, which was that each of those different kids would have a different father, and only the first would be her husbands, preferably without him wondering why one of 'his' kids was dark skinned, another was a vampire etc...
Unfortunately thanks to the broken 'reputation' system introduced in one of the expansions, people sometimes telepathically know when their other half has been cheating, even if it was behind closed doors when the act took place.

Sometimes its obvious though.

Cold
 Eventually she got a reputation as a dirt bag, meaning no one wanted to touch her (which gives far to much credit to the human race IMHO) but unfortunately her rep spread so far even people in France shot down her attempts at holiday romance.

Angry Dan must be calmed...

...With a quick makeout session...

...before sneaking off to find daddy N°3

I didn't have time to get bored of The Sims though, because a Steam sale led me to the two most recent time-sinks in my life: Civilization 5, and Saints Row 3.
I'd never played a Saints Row game before, I'd always assumed it was just a GTA knockoff, but I've been having a blast. It knows it's a game, and only obeys the rules of realism as long as they don't get in the way of fun.
So Gangsta

With the masses of character customization I originally tried to make a Stacy Clone, but couldn't do her justice. So I made Alexandria, a heavily tattooed, hard faced Russian gangster bitch. I've changed her look a few times during my play-through, and I'm sure I will many more times before the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment