Tuesday 1 November 2011

Nothing is true, everything is permited.


Inspired by the Secret Order of Hashashin (or more specifically Ubisoft's Assassins Creed games) This outfit, based on 'Deadly Assassin' by Little Brittan Designs Kicks ass and takes names. (As well as showing I don't buy all my outfits from LC lol :P )

The base outfit was good, but I had a couple of issues with it:
First,it didn't come with boots.
Second,  it was more 'Sexy Assassin' than 'Deadly' and while sexy is good, I wanted to look badass.

A trip to marketplace, turned up 'Fur and Fringe flat heeled boots' by Vlad Blackburn which matched the style of the outfit and with the flat soles, they offered the function over form befitting someone chasing over rooftops to hunt down their prey.
The ripped top was replaced with a white 'Gypsy Tunic' from League, for more of a robe look, with the leather corset from LoveCat's Natasha on top giving an armour effect.
Additional detail was added with a tattoo layer from LoveCats Nisha, covering the remaining exposed skin with Sanskrit writing, lending a mystical element to the look. The mystery grew with the addition of blue glowing eyes, hinting at hidden power, (matching blue lipstick by MissMurder).

The outfit comes with swords, but the signature weapon of the assassins is the hidden blade. Another trip to marketplace and I found Ani Aunerfal's Concealed Blades. They were good, but 'activating' the blade required replacing a bare bracer with an exposed one. My friend Rax pointed out they came with mod permission and that if blade was a single prim I might be able to add a script to 'hide' the blade. He pointed me to a free script that did what I wanted but only with a chat command. I reached out for help at the Fermi/Blue island sandbox and the lovely Saitech Soulstar came to my aid with advice on how to modify my script so it worked on touch and eventually writing it for me when I ran into trouble. After adding a dark tint to match the colour of the brown leather to the rest of my outfit, and scaling it to a more feminine size, it was perfect.




The scripting fun wasn't done there. After visiting the marketplace listing of the base outfit for the link above, (I'd bought it in-world) I realised that my swords were supposed to be scripted too. I sent a note to the creator, but I wanted it NOW so back out came my original show/hide script. I modified them so the swords in my hands would show when the ones on my back disappeared, and vice-versa (at least they did once Saitech taught me about linksets lol) all with a single chat command.



The outfit was complete, but I realised my usual 'Luscious' AO by pearl designs didn't fit. I visited several animation shops (Always preview anims in-world before buying) before settling on the 'Assassin AO (Female)' by ORACUL-U. This is an excellent AO, with over 60 fluid and properly looped animations in child, teen, AND adult sizes, all for L$300. It has a sophisticated HUD too, although I must admit I just cracked it open and dropped the adult animations into the Firestorm AO.


This has got to be one of my favourite outfits ever. I love mixing and matching different pieces to make a unique look, rather than just wearing something 'off the peg'. Thats not to say I don't like pre-made outfits (most of LC's stuff is pretty much perfect out the box, just needing accessories) but when you create your own you never have to worry about bumping into someone in the exact same outfit! :)



























Edit : Bonus Picture to celebrate my first comment lol, TY Joss :)   


1 comment: