Saturday 3 December 2011

Cyberpunk



When I started this blog I had a long list of existing outfits I wanted to talk about, but then I created new ones as time went on and wrote about them first. One day I will write about those existing outfits.

That day is not today.

After seeing Imogen in LoveCats 'Distortion' (more on that in another post) with its steampunk-esqe goggles I was inspired. I wasn't sure what to do with that inspiration, until I saw a latex top by 'Catch It' as a featured item on marketplace and it hit me:

I wanted to do a Cyberpunk outfit.

First, I had to decide on a colour theme. The top I'd seen was green/yellow, but the store also had it in red.

I couldn't decide which colour to go for, so I went for both!


After picking up some matching pants, I found some nice flat 'Astral Queen' boots by Pop Tart. They needed adjusting, and had built in invisiprims, but that was easily fixed, and paired with an alpha for my feet they were looking great and suited the latex pretty well. The latex came in opaque or translucent, I went with the latter to show off my sweet new ink (different for red and green) and added some black tape pasties for modesty.

I tried a couple of cheap hair/goggle combinations from the marketplace but didn't find anything that really lit a fire under me. I'd seen a Steampunk pilot's hat by Dirty Lynx, but held off due to cost. I realised i'd have to put my money were my mouth is and buy it.

I wasn't disappointed, it's wonderfully detailed and fitted my theme well.


I added a 'Fatal Error' Gas mask (now gone from the marketplace), Fingerless Gloves from LoveCats (there she is again) Luna, and spiked bracelets by Akaesha. A 'Terminator' face tattoo and red cyborg eye (it was cyberpunk after all).

For exploring a dystopian high-tech future, I needed to get tooled up. I equipped a grenade belt from the 'Sara Croft' freebie set I got from NCI, one of Coco Colonial's Colt pistols, a leg strap knife from LC's Dangerous, and a set of Zeon: Rade Swords. These looked very nice, but I had to strip out a load of colour-change scripts to get my total down (I created a couple of 'fixed colour' copies, one for each outfit), but what you can't see in the screenshots is they are animated.

 


I really love how these outfits turned out, and had a lot of fun searching the grid for cyberpunk locations to take the snapshots (Graves store and Insilico) it just shows what a diverse place the grid is.


  

2 comments:

  1. I love this look Stacy. I'm going to try and make something similar myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyberpunk fashion is amazing. I like your twist on the style. Keep up the good work.
    Anonymous fan.

    ReplyDelete